We are delighted to announce the completion of the phase 2 £2.2million OKI Business and Media Centre. The centre comes after the completion of the £1.4million phase 1 improvements to the Derbyshire Cricket Clubs 3aaa Ground.
The phase 2 scheme incorporates two floors of office space as well as a state-of-the-art media floor which meet International Cricket Council and England & Wales Cricket Board media requirements.
Design of the structural steel frame
The Media Centre has been designed and constructed of a steel frame, which has been laid out carefully to a co-ordinated arrangement to accommodate the specific requirements of the buildings proposed end use. Jackson Purdue Lever had the pleasure of being responsible for the design of the steel frame and the wider buildings structural elements. All designed by using the latest specialist 3D design software and drawing packages.
Phase 2 of the development required further works which Jackson Purdue Lever were pleased to be involved in:
- The creation of an access road and footpath to link to the Grandstand by designing the external levels to tie into existing an access road and minimise excavation of existing landscaped areas.
- The relocation of over 1,100 seats from the former Falcons Stand to a specifically designed concrete base at the City End of the ground.
- The structural works for the additional seating on the 3aaa Pavilion balcony.
- Undertaking the drainage design for the development; including the permeable surfacing for the new car parking and the access road.
A quote from Simon Storey, Chief Executive of Derbyshire Cricket Club:
“The new state-of the art OKI Business & Media Centre was a major part in the Club’s successful bid to secure the ICC Women’s World Cup in 2017 and become a main broadcast venue.” Furthermore Simon added “I am convinced that the improvements underway will significantly improve the experience of everyone who visits The 3aaa County Ground.”
Engineering Services we provided
- Co-ordination of the Site Investigation & Geotechnical report.
- Foundation design based on traditional pad & trench fill mass concrete.
- Steel frame design modelling the frame utilising 3D design software.
- Surface water & foul water drainage calculations inc. soakaway design to accommodate roof run off
- Detailing of structural frame.
- Detailing of drainage & external construction inc. permeable surfacing the car parking and access road.
- Design of external levels to tie into existing access road, minimise excavation of existing landscaped areas.